11.22.2016

Mirrored Coffee Table

 I got this coffee table 3 years ago in Salvation Army store for $5.


As you can see this is solid wood, heavy piece (believe me), with thick, brownish glass inserts, that I knew I'm gonna replace with mirrors. I tried to cut my own mirrors without luck so I spent time looking for right size mirrors and I found cheap one in Hobby Lobby. Those are craft mirrors with beveled edges, size was perfect except corners was too sharp, so I sanded them a bit, and glued them to wood to get right height. Did you know that you can use regular sanding paper to smooth out sharp mirror or glass edge? I used wet sanding sponge 320 or 400 grit. Paint is Folk Art chalk paint color Maui Sand, off white stencil, light distress here and there and 4 coats of poly.

  



Thanks for reading. Jadwiga.

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave